PR Account Executive – Come Grow With Us!
Ball Consulting Group, LLC is an award-winning strategic communications firm that was founded in 2004 and has built a national reputation in health care, nonprofits, education and crisis communications. We are seeking a Public Relations Account Executive with approximately three to five years of experience working in a PR or communications department setting or a PR agency.
The skills we are seeking include:
- Exceedingly strong written and oral communications skills
- Ability to develop media tools including news releases, op-eds, media advisories, and pitch letters
- Ability to manage account details and to manage multiple accounts under tight, shifting deadlines
- Record of accomplishment pitching story ideas to members of the media
- Experience with social media strategy and implementation
- Experience working with clients
- Media relations
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing account implementation according to the account plan
- Research and list development
- Development of comprehensive media relations tools referenced above
- Assisting in the development of communications plans
- Assisting in the preparation of client meetings, briefings and presentations
- Draft, design and execute social media posts
- Conducting phone and e-mail media pitching
- Attend virtual and in-person client meetings
Key requirements and details:
- Candidates must possess a B.A. or B.S. in communications, public relations, journalism, political science or public policy, or related field
- Three to five years’ experience in a PR setting
- PR agency experience (for some portion of the three to five years) will best position a candidate to be selected.
- Office is in Newton, Mass., on several express and local bus routes and free garage parking is included if driving
- Hybrid schedule is an option
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience, and performance-based bonuses
- Health insurance, dental insurance, 401(k) plan and competitive PTO
We are a boutique firm with extensive reach. We are proud of the leadership track that we have created to support team members as they grow into communications leaders. Diversity of viewpoint and lived experience makes us a better organization, one that prides itself on inclusivity. We recognize and value that employees have a life outside of work and strive to create balance for our team members.
For more information, send a letter of interest and a resume to David Ball, President, at firstname.lastname@example.org.